The Birmingham Stage Company requires a
To join the team in the Regent Street office to ensure the smooth running of the office, West End, National and International touring productions.
Deadline for applications 14 November 2014
The Birmingham Stage Company is celebrating its 23rd year. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and good humoured person to join our team of four in our busy London office on Regent Street. We are currently preparing for our busiest season with three brand new national tours including Gangsta Granny by David Walliams, three new Horrible Histories productions for the West End, and national touring and international tours to the UAE, Hong Kong and a large scale tour in Australia.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Proactive attitude to working.
• A passion for all forms of theatre production
• A good timekeeper
• Confident and an excellent communicator
• Works well as a team as well as individually
• Hold excellent computer skills including Microsoft office
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Providing administrative support to the Actor/Manager and Executive Producer.
• Maintaining an accurate record of the touring box office report.
• Assisting in marketing and publicising our productions.
• Attending show performances throughout the country to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Liaising with venues, organising comps, compiling box office figures etc.
• Organising tour logistics (travel fares, creative team accommodation)
• Compiling and updating databases, organising large mail outs.
• Offering administration support on castings, including scheduling auditions, distributing scripts and booking rehearsal rooms.
• Being the first point of contact for the Company
• Liaising with the Website Designer, ensuring that our website is always up to date.
• Managing all international tours and the relevant VISA applications for company members
• Manage the company social media via Twitter, Facebook, Vine, Instagram and company Eshot.
• Create interesting content and angles of Social Media and touring venues including, images, print and film.
• Maintain an accurate archive of materials and recordings of all productions online.
• Produce all production programmes compiling correct information from all company members.
• Compile all information in order to produce tour print for all theatre venues.
• Liaise with Education and Outreach freelancers to ensure the continued development of our Education programmes
• Lead on festival performances and ensure the smooth running of these performances.
• Manage the office materials as required including all office stationary.
• Liaise with all freelancers and the company production manager to ensure the smooth running of productions.
• Offer technical support to the office network
• Book all meeting and rehearsal rooms as necessary
• Manage the company merchandise for our touring productions
• Organise company gifts.
• Manage company press nights and gala events.
• Actively search for new work that BSC could pursue with intention of producing.
Applications by Cover letter & CV to Peter Holland @ email@example.com